Saturday, October 1, 2011

blog #489 >> Red Plaid Skirt

I must admit, I finished this skirt awhile ago, but I just now got around to taking pictures of it. The fabric is from The Sew Weekly, "Mad About Plaid" fabric bundle. ...and I have a confession to make, I didn't use the buttons. After a lot of planning, I went with a larger variety. But I'm sure those little fellows will be perfect, and exactly what I need for something else. I love how this skirt turned out and I can't wait to make the matching hat and bag to go with it!
(This was also my first full project with Evette, and she did a swell job. But she wasn't so smooth with the thin slippery lining. I've still got some bugs to work out of her, and she's still got to go into the shop. But we're off to a promising start.)
Cheers!
T
p.s. The pocket idea came from pintrest.







• • • • • • • • • • •


For today's bonus post you need to go check out these fantastic lady ties made by my blogging friend Flapper Girl. They are a great way to jump into fall fashion.
Buy them on etsy here!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I *love* the skirt! So fabulous!

Thank you for the shout-out too :)

*hugs*

xoxo
C