Sunday, May 27, 2007

blog #016 >> a new bike

If I haven't mentioned it before... I am saying it now. Craig's List ROCKS!
I got this old yellow Schwinn bike FOR FREE! on Craig's List.
It came from a very nice lady in NE Portland who was cleaning out her garage.
And all it needs is new tires, new tubes, a new pedal, new brake wires, a new chain, and possibly new wheels and new handle bars... so that's practically nothing! It's a three speed with a very handy basket on the back, which I plan on painting blue. It should be ridable in... oh, a year or so.
But for FREE how could I go wrong. I already started fixing it up and getting the rust off. I used a box and a half of S.O.S. pads and worn out a bucket. You can see how much shinier the front fender is compared to the back, and see the now bright yellow frame.
Now all I need to do is remember how to ride one of these things. I haven't ridden a bike since I was sixteen and still have scars from that time. Oh, it also needs a helmet.

No comments: