Monday, January 21, 2008

blog #046 >> Happy T-Day!


I was excited to see that even McDonald's was celebrating my
birthday today by giving away " T " action figures to commemorate
my greatness.



In case you've forgotten... today is my birthday.
I can't say it was as eventful as last year's birthday. (Last year I signed the lease to my apartment on my birthday.) But it was extremely fun none the less.
This year my Grandma Ide took me and my family to the beach. I just love it when my birthday falls on M.L.K. day. We took advantage of the national holiday and flew the coup. The beach had lovely weather for being the middle of January. Sunny three days out of four isn't bad. My parents and brother and sister-in-law stayed with us at the beach house in Taft. (It's just one block away from the world famous restaurant Mo's.) And my sister, brother-in-law, and their two kids, Little Miss. Maggie and Master Charlie came up for the day on Saturday. All was lovely, except I sprained my ankle pretty bad on Saturday and couldn't walk for the rest of the day and half of the next. I took a bad landing after stepping/jumping off some driftwood. But not being able to walk did make for a restful vacation. My brother even knew of a beach you can drive your car down to so I wouldn't have to walk down the beach. (and I mean actually on the sand. I wouldn't suggest it during high tide.) It was very nice and a really neat beach. I'd want to go there even if I could walk. And happily my ankle is feeling much better today.
And tonight my parents brought over a delicious coconut cream pie for dessert. Thanks!

Photos: T-Day the Beach




Photos: T-Day the Party

1 comment:

Leingang Family said...

Happy Birthday! I love the pictures from the party. I wish we could have gone to the beach, too. It looks like fun!