Sunday, January 27, 2008

blog #049 >> apple rose tart




Look at this delicious thing I made this weekend!
You too can make one and I found the recipe here:
Martha Stewart's Recipes
Of course I didn't really follow the recipe. I don't generally like Martha Stewart's recipes. She obviously doesn't wash dishes by hand, goes to several different grocery stores for those obscure ingredients and has a least eight hours to cook her meal. But she is good for inspiration, like these lovely apple rosettes. I made my apple tart with a shortbread crust instead of puff-pastry and I didn't run my custard through a cheese cloth. But it wasn't missing, it was perfect and fluffy and smooth without it. I did wish I had used an extra apple though. I ran out about 3/4 of the way through and had to take apart the ones I had done earlier. Oh, next time I'll be all the wiser.

Oh, and I made créme brûleé with the leftover custard.