Friday, May 13, 2011

blog #463 >> Antique Lace Summer Dress

I was also able to finish my new summer dress last night. I made it from an old vintage lace bodice that Trina gave me, some of my grandma's old lace that I tea stained and used for the hem, and some muslin that I had leftover from my lace curtain skirt. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, but I wish I had a little bit more of the muslin so I could have made it longer. However, it's short enough that it looks cute with a pair of pants too, so I guess it's alright. And yes, I did go back and clean up the seams. I always get sloppy when I'm sewing with scraps, and I didn't use a pattern on this one either.





• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
And here's the latest project I've started. I saw these vintage car tea towels on my google reader and decided I need to make a set of my own. The first one I've finished is of my first love The Hornet. Man, I loved that car. More to come later....

No comments: