blog #469 >> All Things Bright and Beautiful: Days 1 & 2
Good Morning! ...at least it was still morning when I started this post.
Here I am at last "fashionably late" to The All Things Bright & Beautiful Blog Party hosted by Grace at Puddles of Memories. I need to do some make up posts, so I'm simply combining Day 1 & Day 2. This particular theme is SUMMER! Which is hard, since it seems summer has been always just out of reach this year. We'll have an almost warm and sunny stretch, but then the weather just sinks back into the 60 degrees and overcast rut. Oh, elusive summer, when will you finally show your face?
Day 1: Summer Bucket List! Is it sad that I don't really have any summer plans yet? I think that means I'm getting old. I work the same hours summer and winter... I miss summer vacation. Well, I think it's time I got into the spirit of summer and made a list!
Day 2: Summer Photo Post: What does summer look like to you? Well, this is perfect! Summer is going to look a lot like my list of things to do.
So here they are... Days 1 & 2
Things I want to do this summer:
1. Stay cool! This shouldn't be too hard, since it hasn't been even a "warm" summer yet. Plus, I'm so cold blooded, I'll wear sweaters and socks up until it hits 80 degrees!
4. And I think I'll take advantage of the non-rainy weather to do some aimless wandering. Just pack a bag full of random objects and start off in no particular direction. That sounds right up my alley. I'll be sure to pack a camera as well so I can document all of my non-adventures along the way.
5. A trip to the beach is also a summer classic. I'd love to go at least once this summer, even if it was just for the day.
6. And of course I have a summer reading list, even though I doubt I'll have much extra time for reading this summer. But I can always pack a chair and head down to the creek in the evening after work and eat a camp fire dinner while curling up with a good book.
7. Once the weather clears up, I'll be able to get the telescope out again. I had such high hopes for this spring, but the sky thought it would be better to rain each night instead.
8. I want to get a LOT of sewing and crafting finished. I'm all backed up on projects, and I'd like to get my etsy shop back up and running again. I'm taking a break while I try to decide what I want to do with it. I'm good at making everything and anything, but I really don't care if I make any money. I also don't like to make the same thing twice. Which is bad, since that means if I sell out of something right away, I don't very often make more. I also like to spend a lot of time on one project and make it quite detailed. Which isn't good if you've got an etsy store, then the goal becomes quantity over quality. I'm starting to realize I'm not cut-out for a high-profit etsy store. I think I'll just populate it with a few odds and ends that I've enjoyed making instead.
9. I'd also like to finish the coloring books I've been working on. I have the roughs all sketched out, and I've started to vectorize them. But I'm not liking how the super clean lines are looking. I think I'm going to pen and ink them instead.
10. Do lots of canning! With that giant garden this year, I can already see, I'm going to do a LOT of canning this summer. And this pickle recipe will certainly be one of the things I'm making!
11. Practice the accordion as much as possible! One thing summer does mean, is more accordion time! The window air conditioner does a great job masking the noise and for a few brief months I can play at home!