Monday, April 5, 2010

blog #395 >> Easter Stuff


The egg I decorated for Easter. I wanted to do a Ukrainian egg, but I couldn't find my bees wax. So I tried this lacy look instead.


The peach coffee cake I made for Easter breakfast.
I made up the recipe myself:

Mix:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tea. baking powder
dash of salt

Cut in:
1/2 cup butter, part cream cheese
(should look crumbly)

Add:
1/3 cup milk

Stir. Roll out on greased and floured baking sheet. Should be about 3/4 inch thick and oval in shape. Spread peach preserves, or your favorite jelly, about 1/2 cup, in the middle of the dough. It should be about 1 1/2 inches from the edge. Sprinkle with almonds, about 1/4 cup. Slice edges, up to the preserves, and about 2 inches apart, all the way around the coffee cake. Fold over the preserves. Sprinkle entire thing with chunky sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.



And here are the dill starts I've got in my kitchen. I hope they sprout.

Cheers,
T

No comments: