Wednesday, April 14, 2010

blog #396 >> Cool things I've been meaning to post for awhile...

I've been putting this off for entirely too long.
Here's my latest assortment of cool stuff I've found online.


The Antique Typewriter blog:

This makes me want to tear my laptop apart and give it a wooden case, cool buttons and a custom paint job.





Wise words to remember, I think I'm going to embroider that onto a bookmark.



Did you know that sharks can smell tea from a mile away?
...I made that up.


The Amazing Lobster Rug!


Great instructions on how to make homemade ricotta cheese.... it didn't work out for me very well... but that wasn't the recipes fault. It was entirely user error.


Build you own mansion, I need this for the city of London I've started on my desk.

The original button cookie recipe. I may have already posted this... but by brain is fuzzy on the subject.
And a button stamp to package them with.


Pretty crocheted jar lamps,
these make me want to work on my crocheting.


Lost Alarm Clock

4 8 15 16 23... 46? Oh $#%@!!!

It's been a long, boring day down in the Swan, chilling in your khaki jumpsuit, listening to your favorite Mama Cass record and staring at a blinking cursor.

Where's your partner? Why can't you switch off number-punching duties? Oh, right. You killed him. And now you have to wake up every 108 minutes or the world starts shaking and metallic objects threaten to pin you against the wall.

Trust us, brother, this is no way to live. And luckily--or not, right, Hugo?--you don't have to. Our Dharma Initiative Alarm Clock is conveniently programmable to go off only once every 24 hours, and at a time convenient to you.

But if you don't get the numbers right before you see the hieroglyphs, there's no guaranteeing what will happen.

The Trouble with Tribbles by Edward Gorey: see full comic here
Alright, I'm not a HUGE "Star Trek" fan, but I did find this VERY funny.
...but I am a LOST fan.



More words of wisdom: only this ad is making me crave chocolate marshmallow Easter eggs.


A place where I'd fit right in... well... almost.



And an adorable summer dress from etsy.
Even though it's ENTIRELY too expensive.


And last but not least an old photo I found of my Grandpa from when he was a flight instructor during WW2. Many more WW2 posts to come... and they will be fantastic!
(My grandpa is the good looking one on the left, the other one is my uncle. And to think I was going to photoshop the "other guy" out. I'm still feeling a little guilty about that one. NEVER mess with history. Lesson learned.)

That's all for now, I've got to get to bed!
T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Theresa, LOVE all of your finds! Especially the Lost alarm clock! Are you watching lately? It is soo good, isn't it? Any theories? :)