Sunday, July 10, 2011

blog #475 >> Summery Stuff

Here's a blog post devoted to catching up on the things I've gotten behind on.

Today, I finally got a chance to make pickled garlic with the giant elephant garlic head one of my clients, R/K Polka Band, brought in for us at work. I love that couple. They are so sweet. They say they have 18, 50 foot rows and they sell them at the farmer's market and local produce stands. They said they had one head of garlic that weighed 3 lbs! They also offered us a garlic chocolate chip cookie recipe... but I think I'd want to try one before I made a whole batch.

Looking back, I should have saved a clove for garlic bread.

And I had quite a bit of leftover brine, so I thought I'd try making some pickled carrots too.


• • • • • • • • • • • • •

And here is the playdough I made for Ada for her birthday. It turned out fantastic and it was a huge hit. I got the recipe here. I made four half batches and it still made a lot!



• • • • • • • • • • • • •

My dad also got out his theater pop corn popper and made pop corn for everyone on the 4th of July. It was such a treat! He needs to get it out more often, plus it's a lovely old popper.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

Charlie, my sister's 5 year old son, also had a birthday on the 4th of July. He had a super hero party, and as you can see, it was extremely exciting. She made all the kids super hero costumes that were super awesome! You can buy them here on her etsy store: etsy.com/shop/BabyDear. You can get the party set or individual sets. Your kids will be fighting crime and flying around the house before you know it.





Cheers!
T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That popcorn popper is BEAUTIFUL!