Monday, September 14, 2009

blog #327 >> Great-Grandma Kohl


I found this great picture of my great-grandma and I think she looks just like me. But no one else seems to see it. It's mainly the nose I suppose, and the hair, and a little of the eyes perhaps, and she has that smug smile I get when I'm trying really hard not to smile... well anyhow. Her name was Effie Cordelia Kirchem Kohl. Her husband was Louis Phillip Kohl. And she was born in Logan, Ore. That part of my family came to Oregon right after the Oregon Trail. I'm going to see if I can get some more pictures scanned in the future. I love looking through them and thinking, "Oh, this one looks like my sister, and this one looks like my uncle, and this one like my cousin, etc. etc. etc."

T

3 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I keep wondering what she's doing with that chair.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious as well. She had to hold still with the chair like that for some time. And it's you who looks like your Great-Grandmother, not the other way around.

-N

Theresa Rohrer said...

Alright, I have to confess, I've no idea what's up with the chair. Perhaps she was going lean on the chair, but that didn't look quite right, so the photographer had the chair lean on her.
T