Monday, March 19, 2007

blog #009 >>Anticipation or September

It's September again,
and that can only mean one thing.
That change is in the air.

I really don't know why the new year begins in January. Why the middle of winter? Nothing is new, except the calendar by the frig. What happens in January that doesn't happen in February? Well, nothing really. Except, mhhh... Ground Hog's Day. Oh, wait that's in February... My point exactly, there is nothing new in January, except the New Year. The world certainly isn't changing. It's completely frozen over, by winters icy grip. The spring thaw still a couple months away. The world is as still and the ice on the window pane. The only movement is the dripping of water off the icicles as it melts and glistens in the cold pale sunlight. The world is asleep. And so am I.

I always thought that the new year should start in September. Now there's a month with a lot of new beginings... at least in my life. The world is changing. The leaves start turning, birds fly south for the winter, and the first frost starts to rest early in the morning. And with the turning of the season, comes the change in my life. Nine out of ten of my major life changes have come during the month of September. School starts in September, I have found most all of my jobs during September, and things just seem to become different. I don't feel a year older on my birthday, I feel older in September.

And now here it is again, that month that I've been anticipating all year. September. I feel like I'm on the brink of a cliff... soon all the world will fade away beneath me and something new and different will come slowly into view. I know that when I wake up in the morning, that tomorrow will be entirely different from today. A great change is coming closer with each day, and I can't wait to see what it might be.

(please excuse the flowery language.)

No comments: