Saturday, May 1, 2010

blog #399 >> May Day!

Happy May Day!
Today, I got the garden planted, and it took me all day. I started around nine o'clock this morning and finished it around seven o'clock tonight. It looks great, but I am so hungry and sore! Two doughnuts are not a lunch. Plus, I've come to realize that I am really out of shape! All my callouses healed over the winter and now my hands are covered in blisters. And after all that weeding and cultivating... I need some ibuprofen. But I did have a really fun day, and it's nice to see all the neighbors.

I tried to take some pictures that weren't of dirt and strings, but since I planted lots of seeds today, that's really all there is to see.



Dill and chives.

The spider web I made for the purple pole beans to climb. I spent WAY too much time on this and used up all my twine, but it sure looks cool!


Mounds for the cucumbers and zucchini.

Strawberries! It looks like it's going to be a good year for the strawberries.


And now I've got to go clean all this dirt off. I'm a mess!
Cheers!
T

1 comment:

Christin said...

Looks like a fun project you have got going! Focus on the positives of what you are doing. Getting dirty is the fun part!!!