Monday, May 19, 2008

blog #089 >> I guess I dress like a grandma.

Here are some of my great grandma's old blouses. I went through them and cleaned them up this week. I was also able to find some vintage shell buttons to replace the missing ones. So I sewed them all back on, as well as some missing snaps. I just love them, and I think they'll make really nice breezy summer tops. Of course I have to be ever so careful when I wear them though. They're not easy to clean and that linen is papery thin.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you're thin. What beautiful old blouses. These blouses look like they go back to the Model T era or earlier.

Theresa Rohrer said...

If only I were short too. All those sleeves are about two-three inches too short. Do you think it's for their gloves? Or do I just have long arms?
T

Anonymous said...

those are amazing!!! and the shorter sleeves might be perfect for you really. cooler for summer and good for keeping out of the way while you are drawing or cooking or washing... :) They are lovely!